Over the last couple of weeks, press from all over the world got a chance to personally sample some Brink multiplayer mayhem. Today, previews are starting to hit the internet.
Here’s a smattering of the early birds — we’ll add more to the list as sites update throughout the week. Also, be sure to check out the new video interviews: GameSpot talked with Paul Wedgwood, G4TV and NowGamer with Richard Ham, and Pixel Enemy with Ed Stern.
- “We absolutely can’t wait until May 17th to get 8 of our friends together to save the Ark…and to escape it.” – Co-optimus
- “Brink is a game the online FPS gaming world has been needing for a long, long time.” – Perezstart
- “With Brink, Splash Damage is taking the intensity and variety that made them famous, and doing its best to repackage it with more than a little charm.” - Eurogamer
- “Brink looks like it’s shaping up to be the most forward-thinking co-op game to come out in a while.” – Mercury News
- “Five Things You’re Gonna Love About Brink” – Complex
- “…deserves to be mentioned as one of the most anticipated shooters of 2011” – Electricpig
- “Splash Damage are preparing one of the most interesting shooters in a long time. May can’t come quick enough.” – TheSixthAxis
- “Brink is a game of enormous scope and depth and, frankly, I can’t remember playing pre-release code that has made me feel this way for quite some time…” – Incgamers
- “Brink was a hell of a lot of fun.” – GameFront
- “Brink is shaping up to be a hugely enjoyable multiplayer experience.” – Spong
Hit the jump for more, including several international previews.
- “If Brink takes off (and we sincerely hope it does) it looks like being one of the most engaging team-based scrappers around, and a blast of fresh air in a market dominated by over zealous military shooters.” – FPStribe
- “Brink isn’t the sort of linear scripted experience consumers of the modern blockbuster FPS have come to expect: it’s much smarter than that.” – TotalVideogames
- “As Brink edges ever-closer to the end of its development cycle, things look rather promising.” – Xbox 360 Achievements
- “Parkour, shooting and RPG elements make for a great union.” – Thunderboltgames